Do you have any question? 0709-811-7563

Moved Locations

How to transfer your registration

Have you moved locations since the 2011 election? Here's how you can transfer your existing registration to your current area.

Before doing anything do not forget to check your status. This will give you the most accurate information on your voting status and save you time at your local INEC office or polling unit.

  1. Write a letter to INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner of the State where you currently reside.
  2. Attach your voter’s card to the letter
  3. Take the letter to the INEC office in your current Local Government Area
  4. This needs to happen no later than 30 days before the date of an election in your constituency
  5. Your application will be transferred to the Resident Electoral Commissioner, who will direct the Electoral Officer of the applicants Local Government Area who will action your query.
  6. The Electoral Officer will assign you to a polling unit in your constituency and issue you with a new voters card.