Do you have any question? 0700-446-8683

Moved Locations?

How to transfer your registration to your current location

    Step 1: Write an letter to INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner of the State where you currently reside and attach a copy of your voter’s card to the letter.

    Note: The application should contain the current address and phone number of the applicant as these will assist in allocating the polling unit nearest to him/her as well as for contact purposes respectively.

    Step 2: Take the application to the INEC office in your Local Government Area . This needs to happen no later than 60 days before the date of an election in your constituency.

    Step 3: If satisfied that the applicant is currently resident in the area, the Resident Electoral Commissioner will approve the application and direct that the applicant’s details be transferred to his/her new location.

    Step 4: The Electoral Officer will assign you to a polling unit in your constituency and issue you with a new voters card. Your name will then be deleted from the previous voters list.

    Note: The applicant will need to pick up the new PVC in person as collection by proxy is not allowed.

    Special Note: For the 2019 elections, transfers could be handled at local registration units. The letter to the Electoral Commissioner could be submitted at the registration unit and applicants were asked to come back in two weeks. After 2 weeks, applicants were provided with details of their new polling unit and issued a temporary card.