Register to vote

How to register to vote in the 2019 elections


Have you moved since the last election? You can transfer your existing registration to new location so you can participate in upcoming elections.

Before doing anything do not forget to check your status. This will give you the most accurate information on your voting status and save you time at your local INEC office.

  1. You will need to apply in person to INEC’s Resident Electoral Commissioner of the State where you currently reside. This letter needs to be written no later than 30 days before the date of an election in your constituency.
  2. Attach your voter’s card to the letter (we have provided a template you can use). We advise that you keep a photocopy of the letter and your voter’s card.
  3. Take the letter to the INEC office in your current Local Government Area
  4. You will be assigned to a polling unit in your constituency and a request will be sent to INEC’s office in Abuja to print a new card for you.
  5. You will be contacted when your new PVC is ready.

I've moved and have also lost my Permanent Voter's Card (PVC)

Follow the steps above and also mention in the letter that your PVC has been lost or damaged.

You will be contacted when your new PVC is ready.